Moving Forward with TNM

So...

Cracked the doggo-guitar open, who needs 3 AA batteries to run - at least I can't electrocute myself, maybe.


While the case itself is definitely caked in child-muck, it's fairly easy to get off. I have to stop playing with the damn thing long enough to focus. FOCUS, Kip, FOCUS.


The wires are everywhere, as you could see. Dismantling is taking hours, but helps me gain insights into the inner-workings of the toy. There are TONS of options, so I think perhaps a narrowing down of noises might be in store.


Potentiometer that I might be able to repurpose, but negotiates volume so I might just leave it. From the tutorials that I've looked at, potentiometers are the cornerstone of circuit bending.


After I have taken everything out of the toy, I realize I've made a rash mistake by not preserving the bent toy. I had to do some smashing to get things off, so keeping it in tact as an amateur bender would have been ideal, but, I AM an amateur. Also, I want to sculpt a body/interface for the project and combine my studio practice with my digital tools.


Here's the main hub, bub. The problem here is that many of the switches that trigger all of the weird music as opposed to the individual chords on the piece are inter-connected. Poking around with my alligator clamps, I can make some interesting noises, and make all of the switches fire at once if I want to, but I'd rather have something truly abstract - possibly horrifying.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musings on the TNM Project (Week 6 Debrief)

Week 7 Debrief (Perhaps 1 of 2)